At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us provide the data capabilities to build, launch, and grow any data-driven website, store, or application where visitors will consume or interact with dynamic content.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 – $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 – $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
As Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll:
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish our business goals.
- Build amazing end-to-end API and developer experiences, ensuring that they are reliable and scalable
- Write scalable services, as well as new APIs and rewriting old ones, in Node.js, Express.js, Mongo, GraphQL, Apollo and AWS Lambda
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people
- Improve our planning, development, and deployment processes to help you and your fellow team members
- Mentor, coach, and inspire a team of engineers of various levels
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 5+ years developing and deploying web applications, with a proven track record of shipping to market.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Have worked on complex issues where the analysis requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and existing architecture.
- Can debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Take pride in taking ownership and driving projects to business impact
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
- Are comfortable working in an agile, safe-to-fail environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
Bring development superpowers to everyone.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Obsess over customer experience
- Move with heartfelt urgency
- Say the hard thing with care
- Make your mark
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits, a monthly stipend for lifestyle and wellness expenses, a mental health benefit, and financial and legal benefits
- We offer flexible parental leave and a family/fertility benefit with up to $10,000 reimbursement on eligible expenses
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Backend Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: To join Webflow, you’ll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow’s request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not permit employees who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. We will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.