Teachable is looking for a Data Analyst. We’re a small, tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
Reporting to the Senior Business Intelligence Manager, as a Data Analyst you will design and develop metrics, reports, and analyses to drive key business decisions. You will discover trends and patterns in order to make recommendations. And you’ll collaborate closely with engineering, product, and leadership.
We’re interested in someone with good statistical and critical thinking skills. Must know SQL. Bonus points for experience with BI Tools (SigmaComputing, Tableau, Power BI) or delivering reports in excel. Experience with R or python is a plus. Our ideal candidate is passionate about data and loves deriving business insights from it, is a flexible, creative thinker, and cares about both speed and accuracy.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you’re on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal-opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering Product Team questions about the performance of specific products in the application
- Producing datasets to support Product Team reporting needs
- Assisting various business units (Sales, Marketing, Customer Operations) when they need help finding, building, or understanding data sources
- Writing often complex queries to facilitate all of the above
- Building dashboards and visualizations on the BI platform
- Assisting with data prep and statistical analyses
What we’re looking for:
- At least one year of experience in a professional role as a data or business analyst using SQL to produce reports and analyses
- Must have experience working with various business units with different reporting and analysis needs
- Must have a solid understanding of how an online business operates, be familiar with how online products are developed and have an understanding of how to analyze the performance of a product
- Must be passionate about working with data!
- This role is open to remote candidates in the U.S.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For this role, the base salary range is $60,000 – $70,000. Total compensation also includes a competitive benefits package and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all teammate pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure competitive and fair pay.
At Teachable, we are committed to providing fair and competitive pay (using market data to inform our pay bands), rewarding high performance, and ensuring all employees have the opportunity and ability to impact Teachable’s overall company value. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically following performance review cycles currently conducted bi-annually or in conjunction with a promotion.
While Teachable maintains our NY office for local employees to use, we operate as a remote-first culture in order to give our employees added flexibility. In order to maintain connection and create a community beyond the screen, Teachable holds company-wide, in-person events 2-3 times per year, where employees and teams can come together for team bonding, strategic alignment, goal-setting, and celebrations!
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with an option covering up to 100% of monthly premiums Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Gym/Wellness reimbursement up to $100 in pre-tax dollars per month
One-time $500 Work from Home (WFH) purchase card for new hires and ongoing WFH monthly reimbursement for certain home expenses of up to $100 per month
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.