Superside is looking for a Director of Content Marketing to join our growing remote-first team. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will shape our full-funnel content marketing strategy and operations, leading an existing team of two squads: one focused on audience growth, community building, and lead generation, and the other focused on sales enablement and product/customer marketing content.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the marketing leadership team to establish the vision for the next level of content marketing at Superside, and build the systems, processes, and team structure that gets us to our ambitious goals.
You’ll be joining a marketing team that has proven its ability to drive rapid growth from $1M to $10M ARR, and play a big part in our ongoing growth journey from $10M to $100M ARR and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- Help develop the high-level strategy and annual plan for content marketing at Superside,
- Develop our existing content operation to position the team to scale output without sacrificing quality,
- Hire, manage, and mentor in-house content marketers to produce content that’s relevant, impactful, and on-brand,
- Manage budgeting and resource allocation for the content team,
- Maintain a high bar for quality and a consistent tone and voice across our content,
- Set your team up to execute effectively, but jump in as a rockstar writer or editor when needed,
- Help your team prioritize content marketing projects based on opportunities that will move the needle, including the “big swings” for each quarter,
- Monitor and report on performance and wins across our content marketing portfolio each month.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You’re equal parts creative, strategic, and data-driven, and have sharp instincts for connecting content ideas to business outcomes,
- You’re a fan of product-led content marketing, whether it’s finding creative ways to weave the product into educational topics or coming up with relevant ideas based on product, sales, and customer insights,
- You have experience managing a team of content producers for different mediums (blog, social media, webinar, YouTube),
- You can act as both editor and “art director” when reviewing or developing a piece of content,
- You have a knack for crafting opinionated content and programming that generates demand for a product or awareness about a problem,
- You’re up-to-date with the most recent SEO best practices for content marketing,
- You understand that content marketing is more than “chasing keywords”, and that “content distribution” means planning ahead for repurposing and dissemination through social, email, paid, etc.
Why join us?
We’re on a mission to create more equal opportunities globally. And with that in mind, we’ve built a natively remote company enabling us to reach out to the best talent no matter where they work.
Need more convincing? Here’s a skimmable, non-exhaustive list of reasons to join us:
- We are a global company with 450+ subscription customers worldwide and are experiencing strong revenue growth. You will be exposed to all aspects of a business in startup-mode and scaling quickly.
- We’re 100% distributed, so you can work from anywhere in the world.
- We value employee development and offer mentorship, meaningful work and many opportunities to step up and lead.
- See something you want to improve? Awesome. We’re a flexible and collaborative team that is always learning and growing.
- The whole company is closely connected and aligned. We function in a trusting environment, while seeking the truth in an ego-free manner.
- We’re just the right size. Not a small startup and not a corporate entity either.
- We have a strong social mission. Your impact will extend beyond just the success of the company by making real-world improvements to fair wages and putting design and creative at the forefront of marketing.
- Screening (1:1): 30 minute call with a Talent Partner to discuss more information about Superside and the candidate’s experience. No need for formal prep beforehand.
- Ability test: The ability tests have been selected to measure the skills and competencies needed to succeed in the role.
- First interview with the Team Lead: An initial interview between you and your potential team lead to get to know each other and discover the role more extensively.
- Assessment: This is where you get to show your skills. We provide you with an hypothetical business case to solve. You’ll have usually between 24h and 48h.
- Final Interview: This will consist of a 45 minute discussion with a Team Lead. You’ll first be presenting your work and then you’ll dive deeper into your past experiences. We always set aside some time for your questions so don’t hesitate to prep some! We want to make sure we’re the right place for you as much as you’re the right fit for us!
- Offer: At this stage, it is clear we want you! We’ll make sure you want to join us too.
Trusted by 450+ ambitious brands, Superside is the #1 creative-as-a-subscription service designed with Marketers and Creatives in mind. By combining the top 1% of creative talent from around the world with purpose-built design ops technology, Superside helps companies like PUMA, Shopify, Prime Gaming, Autodesk and LVMH scale creative in order to test, learn and grow faster. Since inception Superside has been a fully remote company, with 700+ team members working across 60+ countries and 19 timezones.
The company is backed by Y Combinator, Luxor Capital, Prosus Ventures, Slack Fund, Freestyle Capital, High Alpha Capital and Alliance Ventures in the quest to create equal economic opportunities for creatives all around the world. To learn more, visit www.superside.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunity company. All applicants will be considered without attention to ethnicity, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.