Who or what is SocialHub?
Founded in 2009, we’re an established internet startup located in Ingolstadt, Germany. Our team of 70 has lovingly crafted a unique set of tools, that allow companies like Deutsche Bahn, Rossmann and Media-Saturn to manage their Social Media profiles with ease. This product is called SocialHub. Now we’re expanding our development team and we’re on the lookout for like-minded people, who can help us push our software to the next level!
Here at SocialHub, you would have the chance to work with a broad range of individuals. From business strategists to tech geeks, everyone has the freedom and support to be creative in whatever they do.
We are all different and work according to our own rhythm, but we are all united under our company philosophy: “We believe that work should be fun”!
ReactJS (and maybe a little bit of React Native)
So far, we have engineered a really clever piece of software that’s in daily use at some of the biggest and most advanced Social Media Teams in Germany and Europe.
Building on this success, we would like to find another smart, passionate and enthusiastic engineer to help us make our software even better for our customers!
If you are looking for a job in an established (but still growing) SaaS startup and you love to build software that’s both fun and easy to use, this could be it!
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- You like to build clean and well structured Software that your clients love to use.
- You’ve been making your way through the world of frontend frameworks for at least 3 years, have developed a variety of applications and have an understanding of the good and the bad aspects of each framework.
- Your ReactJS skills are strong. You know how to build large and scalable web applications.
- You know how to spot performance issues and how to resolve them.
- Using a DVCS like git comes natural to you.
- You enjoy working within a team, helping fellow team members find elegant solutions to complicated problems and would happily jump into a code review at a moment’s notice.
WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES SAY
YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
- At least 3 years of commercial experience
- Previous commercial experience building component-based web applications.
- A practical approach to development including the reuse of shared components and open source projects rather than always reinventing the wheel.
- In-depth knowledge of the ReactJS ecosystem including Redux, Redux-Saga, Reselect, Styled Components.
- An appreciation of good UI/UX design and the ability to translate wireframes into high quality, reusable code.
- Fluid in the different approaches to storing and structuring data (e.g. Immutable Structures).
- An understanding of test driven development with frameworks like Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance optimisation.
- Common development tools such as Git, Babel, Create-React-App and Yarn have been part of your toolkit for a while.
- Some experience with React Native. Even if it was a small demo or side project.
- Startup-Spirit (ambition, flexibility & willingness to experiment)
- You are able to work and communicate with your teammates through our core hours (11am to 4pm german timezone)
THESE SKILLS WOULD BE BENEFICAL FOR YOU
- Knowledge of some of the new cutting-edge ECMAScript features.
- If you have experience with web workers and/or progressive webapps, you would definitely be hitting the ground running by bringing in new skills into the team!
- Some exposure to Typescript.
- Mobile app development in either/both the iOS and Android ecosystems.
- Commercial React Native experience.
- Experience iteratively moving/upgrading an older code base to a newer platform. (We are currently migrating BackboneJS to ReactJS)
- Regular contributor or author to an open source project.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Company houses: We rent houses for you free of charge in Portugal, Gran Canaria and Croatia. In these beautiful places, you have the opportunity to work with your teammates from all over the world or go on holiday alone or with your partner/family!
- Smart Friday: The first Friday of the month is always free for you à la 4-day week. Your day, your choice – work on your future self, spend time with your family, pursue your hobbies – “Your day to design a better life”
- “Company Vacation“: Once a year we go on a few days’ holiday together to strengthen teambuilding and stay true to our motto “work should be fun”. In 2023 we will go to Belgium together!
- 36h Week Experiment: An early start to the weekend always sounds good, doesn’t it? This summer we are launching a three-month experiment of the 36-hour week – on Fridays you can finish work at 1 pm or after 4 hours!
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely.
- An enthusiastic and friendly team in a productive working environment.
- Varied and challenging activities in a constantly growing and future-oriented industry.
- Great coaching and development opportunities. We have an annual budget for external training courses and conferences. We previously attended GitHub Universe in London and Amsterdam.
- An afternoon each sprint (every 2 weeks) to work on something that interests you. Want to learn a new programming language? That’s fine by us. It doesn’t have to be work-related. It’s there to help you expand your skill set and keep the creative juices flowing.
- Always a cold Fritz-Kola in the fridge (if you decide to stop by our office).
SOUNDS INTERESTING FOR YOU?
If that sounds like a dream job to you then send us your application.
Your application can be as short as you like it to be. It doesn’t have to be formal. We like to know what you have done so far, what you love to do and some links to projects you’ve done (e.g github link or similar).
Please tell us your availability and your salary expectation p.a..
Earliest possible starting date: asap
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Your SocialHub team
We want our employees to love what they do. That’s why our goal is to create a work environment for you where you feel happy, challenged and motivated to do great work.
We only hire the best and we trust our people. With us, you don’t have to explain every single step you take. We give you the freedom to be creative and experiment. That’s how we want to help you innovate.
We set high goals and work hard to achieve them. But we also believe in a healthy work-life balance.