As an SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for the SEO success of your client accounts. This is not a leadership role, but instead a manager of external client accounts. You will work closely with the Marketing Director and marketing leadership to build effective strategies for these accounts, employ them, and communicate them to the client. You are responsible for being an expert in Search Engine Optimization. You will be expected to focus your SEO efforts on organic KPIs as well as client retention, which means you are expected to be not only an expert in SEO but in communicating SEO to your clients. Your top priority is retention (both value retention and overall client retention) and doing everything within your power to provide the highest value of SEO strategy to each client.
- Completing an in-depth SEO analysis of the client’s current website including sitemap recommendations (structure, page names, redirects, etc.), copied content analysis and domain analysis/recommendations
- Understanding the client’s SEO goals and expectations (communicating with the marketing team to uncover SEO goals and ensuring client’s keywords reflect their business and SEO goals)
- Developing and completing contracted monthly strategies for each client
- Sending custom, monthly SEO updates and reports to internal marketing team
- Managing SEO requests from clients (delegating or executing)
- Responding to questions about SEO and client campaigns from team members
- Managing On-Site SEO performance by checking and improving on-site optimization; checking and improving internal link structure; checking and fixing potential indexation issues; and reviewing, improving, and adding valuable content
- Managing Off-Site SEO performance by ensuring all mandatory listings are claimed, verified and accurate
- Monitoring all critical listings (i.e., Google My Business) for accuracy over time keeping up-to-date and taking advantage of new features on critical listings
- Ensuring Google Search Console and Google Analytics are setup and accurate
- Researching and proposing new ideas for locally and industry relevant back link opportunities
- Manual outreach for the creation of structured citations, unstructured citations, and mentions
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment handling data-driven, problem-solving or detail-oriented tasks
- 1+ years of SEO-related experience is required
- Digital marketing experience required and agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Precise critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of Google Docs, Google Sheets and Outlook
- We invest in our employees by offering them a diverse suite of benefits from best-in-class carriers, with enough choice and flexibility to keep them and their families healthy and happy today and tomorrow.
- Comprehensive benefits plan, including medical, dental, and vision, covered up to 100%
- Discretionary Paid Time Off, giving you the flexibility to rest, relax and recharge away from work
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth through Lattice
- Monthly company all-hands meetings
- In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share that the base salary range is $60,000, exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonuses. In addition to those factors – we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package (more information on benefits listed above).
Scorpion is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion.