SafetyWing (YC W18) is seeking a Customer Care Specialist who is interested in building a global safety net with us.
🚀 About SafetyWing
Our top priority is to help our customers find solutions that help them get what they want and need. Within the boundaries of honesty and effective communication, we aim to have conversations that make our customers not only happy supporters of SafetyWing but happy in general.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, while our international team is fully distributed, stretching ten time zones. We are on a mission to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone. And we are doing that by creating simple health insurance, and retirement products for remote workers worldwide, as a replacement for national welfare systems.
We provide 24/7 support to our members and work with a ‘follow the sun’ model. That means we don’t do night shifts or very early mornings. While we work location independently we do have a friendly and helpful global team and we’re also definitely working for someone who is a joy to work with.
Below are some of the principles we live by:
- Be honest
- Help the customer
- Be clear and concise
- Be kind and make the customer happy
👩💻 The position
We are looking for a Customer Care Specialist (part-time with the option of going full-time) to join our fully remote team in a fast-growing startup. We love to be helpful and guide our customers with any problem, big or small.
Currently, we have two products: Travel Medical Insurance and Health Insurance (for companies and individuals).
💻 Your responsibilities will include
- Answer customer questions via live chat, email and phone support
- Proactively look on how to improve the customer experience
🧪 What’s needed for this position:
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken)
- The ability to work independently and to be a problem solver
- Weekend availability
- Nice to have: experience with insurance, customer service or health care
- Your timezone: We need team members in Europe.
🧪 We like to work with people who:
- Want to help build a global social safety net on the Internet.
- Think for themselves instead of copying others.
- Are willing to try new things, even with the risk of failure.
- Are intellectually curious and open to new ideas.
- Are creative and bold in the face of any problems.
- Have strong integrity and do the right thing.
🧘 What we offer
We operate in a fully remote work environment – work from anywhere globally.
Full-time/part-time opportunities for long-term.
You will receive an hourly salary compensation.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
SafetyWing was founded to support nomads like ourselves by building an adaptable software-based global social safety net.
Our products are created by a fully remote team distributed across the globe and stretching ten timezones while headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re here to remove the role of geographical borders as a barrier to equal opportunities and freedom for everyone.