As a fully distributed company our entire team works remotely, so you will have the chance to be based anywhere you will want. We work on WIB timezone.
At RevoU, we are on a mission to transform the state of higher education in Southeast Asia, and together with it, the lives of millions of people.
We are building a more effective alternative to traditional universities and vocational schools, rethinking how education should serve both students’ and employers’ needs in Indonesia’s booming digital economy.
Working hand in hand with industry leaders, top companies, and learning scientists we develop together the most effective programs to deliver the learning that today’s job market needs. We obsess about our students’ success and are relentlessly driven by unlocking each of our student’s full potential, regardless of their background.
In less than 3 years, we have already helped thousands of students transform their careers, with thousands more waiting to start their journey with us in the upcoming months.
If you are looking to have a real impact on people’s lives by giving them the education needed to change their professional lives for the better, we might have a role for you!
As a Content Writer, you will be responsible for producing written content in different formats such as but are not limited to long-form articles, landing pages, etc.
More specifically, you will:
- Conduct extensive research to offer knowledge like an expert by using as many resources as possible.
- Produce well-researched & comprehensive text-based content from a range of different topics .
- Proactively suggest topics and/or subtopics with readers in mind.
- Produce supporting visuals with RevoU design style in mind.
- Organize writing schedules to complete content within the deadlines.
- Support the team to achieve the overall content production goal.
- Impressive content writing skills – You have top-tier writing skills and a proven track record of creating comprehensive articles with daily deadlines
- Critical thinking skills – You can independently conduct extensive research to offer first-hand knowledge like an expert by leveraging as many resources as possible
- Empathy to your readers with excellent attention to detail – You are thorough about the integrity of your content and care about giving people something of real value, and understand the seriousness of being a bearer of misinformation
- A keen eye for design and adequate design skills – We are looking for people with a high bar for aesthetics and able to execute the design using basic design software such as Canva
- Ability to work fast under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality – Accustomed to finishing tasks within a timeline, focused and not easily distracted, calm under pressure, and well-organized
- Plain smart – Looking for street smartness combined with strong analytical thinking. We are innovating in an extremely complex field with an insanely ambitious vision. Can’t pull it off without the smartest people on board. Even for junior roles
- Problem-solving skills – Able to come up with practical solutions
- Growth mindset – willingness to learn and improve. You are unhappy with business as usual, you are constantly looking at new opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your work and how things are done
- Passionate about education and obsessed about seeing our students succeed in their careers: we are building a culture of people obsessively passionate about our mission and the impact we can have on the lives of millions of people
- Fits our culture – Read more about RevoU culture here.
Beyond what we wrote in the description of the role, we have three additional promises for you (and to all of our employees):
Our first promise – the ride of a lifetime
You will be joining the company in its most exciting phase, where things will move and change at a crazy pace and where the impact you have on the overall business trajectory is huge. You will witness the rapid scaling of our organization from 80 of us (we were 10 of us just one year ago!!) to hundreds of incredibly talented and diverse people in the months and years to come.
Our company growth will mean much faster career growth than other companies of similar size. Our most talented junior employees who joined us 1 year ago, are for example now in charge of entire teams, working on some of the most exciting strategic and operational topics within the education industry.
The second promise – a good place to work
We are building a company that takes the growth of its employees as seriously as that of its students. It’s our mandate to make every one of our employees perform at the maximum of their ability so that they can do here, at RevoU, the very best work of their lives. In practical terms:
- We deeply value employee appreciation, and we are going the extra mile to make everyone’s work feel appreciated and valuable
- We are creating a culture of transparency and radical, caring feedback. That is, of radical candor, keep a zero-tolerance for bad management, making coaching and mentoring one of our fundamental values, not only towards our students but also towards our employees. For a more in-depth view of the type of organization we are building, you can read some of our Founder’s thoughts on these topics
- this translates into record-high employee satisfaction (our monthly eNPS hovers in the 70-80 range), very low employees turnover and a disproportionate share of new hires coming from our employees referrals
The third promise – you will feel proud about your work
We believe that finding a fulfilling career should be among the most important priorities in one’s life and that today’s job market offers endless opportunities to change the lives of many, for the better. You will play a fundamental role in making this possible.
And nothing will beat the sense of accomplishment once you see that happening. Especially once you see that happening at scale.
These are 3 most important promises we are making to you.
If you are looking for ‘startup’ benefits: flexible and remote working environment (fyi – only 50% of our staff live in Jakarta), an attractive package, premium health insurance, etc => we are offering you all these benefits as well
But don’t join us for these, join us first and foremost for the 3 reasons above.