We believe it should be easy for pet parents to do the right thing. At Pawlicy Advisor, personalized advice from the most trustworthy experts ensures pets get the best care possible.
Pawlicy Advisor is a fast-growing, fully-remote, venture-backed startup focused on helping pet owners around the country find the right health products for their pets, starting with pet health insurance. Pet insurance’s popularity is growing rapidly as pet owners seek protection from the high cost of veterinary care. Our pet insurance marketplace takes into account a pet’s breed-specific health risks to help people find the right policy and avoid relevant coverage exclusions. We also save pet owners money by analyzing pricing differences and premium increases over the lifetime of an animal.
We market to pet parents through a number of channels, but the partners we value the most are veterinarians. Vets want people to have pet insurance because it increases the chance a pet parent will be able to afford the cost of treatment, but they don’t know what providers to recommend, and they don’t want the liability associated with recommending a specific brand. Pawlicy Advisor helps thousands of vet offices across the US by simplifying the treatment financing conversation.
About This Role
We’re looking for a Marketing Designer to join our early-stage team and help us bring transparency to pet health.
As an early-stage hire, you’ll be joining a tight-knit marketing team of 4 composed of the Director of Marketing, Content Manager, Senior Social/Community Manager, and Senior Conversion Copywriter. You will work directly with the Director of Marketing and our Lead Product Designer to play a pivotal role in developing our brand and creating marketing assets for digital and print distribution that differentiates us in the minds of pet owners and veterinary teams. You should love animals and be excited to work at a company focused on improving their health.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director and Lead Product Designer to define Pawlicy’s brand identity and build comprehensive brand guidelines
- Bring cohesion to Pawlicy’s existing design assets and consistency to our brand across our distribution channels
- Create infographics, digital pet guides, event graphics, posters, and brochures for veterinary clinics and their patients
- Design landing pages in our drag-n-drop CMS (builder.io) that engage and delight users
- Support internal teams by collaborating on presentations, email campaigns, promotional items, and social media graphics
- Develop creative concepts for Pawlicy’s marketing and advertising promotions
- Provide guidance to outside agencies producing video and static ad creative
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, brand, or graphic design
- A current online portfolio **please provide passwords if needed
- Expert knowledge of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), and best practices
- Expertise in typography, composition, color, layout, and design thinking with the ability to help define, build, and differentiate our brand
- Experience designing for print and digital media
- Previous experience at a high-growth fast-paced startup, or a passion to join one
- Nice to have: experience (or interest) in illustration, video editing, or user research
Who You Are
- You’re opinionated and thrive when given the opportunity to own the problem and solution
- You care deeply about the brand implications of your designs, but seek to understand the user experience and business implications as well
- You clearly and effectively communicate insight, ideas, and design decisions
- You’re comfortable working iteratively in an ambiguous environment
- You have experience and skills in a range of design disciplines including branding, advertising, email, and web design
- You’re excited to continue improving the impact and relevance of your designs
- Work from anywhere! We’re fully remote
- Competitive salary
- Startup equity grants
- Unlimited vacation, flexible work schedules.
- Top tier health, dental, vision insurance
- 401k employer contributions after your first year with the company
- The chance to be an early hire at a well-funded, venture-backed startup and help build a billion-dollar business focused on helping pets