As a Senior Full Stack Engineer on Papaya’s Consumer team, you will contribute to new offerings and core products to improve user experience, develop new features, and drive outcomes for major business goals. You can expect to solve hard technical problems, and will work with engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders on projects requiring frontend and backend development.
Remote engineers within Latin America are welcome to apply. Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect to make somewhere between $5,000 and $7,000 USD per month upon joining the company.
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems
- Write well designed, testable and reliable backend and frontend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Use external APIs that span all areas of financial technology, banking, and payments
- Work within an agile team (daily stand-ups, planning and retrospective meetings)
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience on great engineering teams
- Flexibility; you can seamlessly switch gears between cranking out prototypes and carefully architecting systems for correctness, reliability and security
- Experience writing unit and UI tests
- Experience with automated testing frameworks is a major plus
- Experience designing and developing APIs is a major plus
- Experience on frontend development across many browsers and devices a major plus
- Experience in FinTech is a plus
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate financial stress. Finances are the number one source of stress for American families so the work we are doing is important and urgent.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 90k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.