At Olo, we are metrics obsessed, striving to learn and evolve; hence, data is a core component of empowering our customers and partners, as well as internal decision-making. The data intelligence team partners with product, engineering, finance, marketing, sales, and customer success and thus require pivotal cross-functional leadership and collaboration across all levels of the business.
The Data Scientist provides our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders with insights and industry trends, including the usage, health, and return on investment of the Olo platform.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You’ll Do
- Use statistical methods to measure incrementality and build ROI case studies
- Design and perform A/B test
- Define and own key metrics such as customer retention, customer conversion, and customer lifetime value with key business partners internally
- Work with important internal partners across Product, Engineering, Customer, and Finance teams, help define key SaaS business metrics, uncover data patterns and generate actionable data insights
- Partner with our teams to propose and develop new data products and tools, including data dashboards and models.
- Communicate findings to a wide range of internal business stakeholders through an approach that facilitates learning, prioritization, and action
- Work, as part of an organization-wide data governance team, to determine policies and rules to ensure data quality and operational security
What We’ll Expect From You
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline, such as Statistics, Mathematics, or Operational Research
- 4+ years of work experience as a data scientist using advanced statistical methods
- Proficiency in writing advanced SQLs and a good understanding of RDBMS
- Proficiency in Python programming
- Working experience using at least one BI/data visualization tool (e.g., Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Demonstrable product sense and business acumen
- Passion for analyzing data to find meaningful insights and speaking to them
- Top-notch communication and the ability to educate a range of stakeholders, from individual contributors to senior management and executives
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo’s platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you’re in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo’s headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $115k to $140k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don’t meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.