Boss Fight is looking for a talented Animator to join our team of artists. In this role you will work closely with the rest of the animation team to create 2d animations in Spine for our characters, environments, and other various game objects/FX using traditional animation principles.
- Produce high quality 2D animations for game objects, character and environments and VFX
- Animate using knowledge of the traditional animation principles
- Assist with the visual development process by creating aspirational animations
- Maintain current and working knowledge of trends and best practices for 2D animations in mobile games
- Exemplify reliability, accountability, and professionalism in all work-related interactions
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated and driven to create top quality games
- Communicates effectively both written and verbal
- Works well in a collaborative, deadline focused environment
- Highly organized and can help others organize
- High attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective and constructive feedback
- A balanced mix of visual aesthetic and tech-art/programming skills
Education and Experience
- 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Expertise in Photoshop and Spine and After Effects
- Experience working with outsource houses
- Familiarity with Unity, C# and Maya scripting including Mel scripts, Python, PyMel and/or the Maya API
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Our core hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, which means you should be available for meetings etc. during this time. You may be required to work longer hours on occasion, especially during periods when staff is working late to meet tight deadlines, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary range description
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $50,000.00 – 250,000.00
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.