LawnStarter is the nation’s leading on-demand platform for lawn care and landscaping services, and our vision is to be one-stop shop for all outdoor home services. Over the past 8 years, we’ve grown to 120 metro areas, raised $30 million in funding, and acquired our biggest competitor, solidifying our leadership in the space.
Senior UX/UI Designer
The Senior UX/UI Designer at LawnStarter is responsible for the entire design cycle of given projects, from user research to final design handoff to engineering. This is a highly collaborative role, with the ultimate goal of creating great user experiences through research, innovation, and consistent processes.
What You’ll Do
- Champion a culture of innovation, user-centered design, and craft.
- Rapidly produce UX concepts and vision through wireframing, storytelling.
- Foster collaborative relationships between Engineering, Data, and Product.
- Actively help build, establish, and follow best practices and processes that can scale as we grow.
- Ideate, Design UX/UI consistency across our products and platforms that fits into our design system.
- Lead and participate in user research and testing to apply insights to inform design strategy.
Who You Are
- Curious and self-starter mindset (growth mindset).
- Great collaborator, a team player.
- Ability to inform design decisions with data and customer insights.
- You’re excited about working in a dynamic startup environment.
- You thrive in the iterative process, you know how to ask for and receive feedback.
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 3-5 years of experience designing digital products.
- Specialization in one or combination of:
- Visual design, design systems, prototyping (platform & design systems)
- Visual storytelling, iterative design, business impact (new verticals)
- Complex problem solving, user research (UXR & Platform)
- Masters degree in Human Computer-Interaction, Product Design or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
- $120,000-$130,000 salary range
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote Work
- Great Culture: One of the top places to work in Austin in 2018, 2019, and 2020, and in the US in 2021, we are all about the team. That’s why we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, passionate, and smart folks that you will get to work with every day.