Expert AI Data Trainer
Start a career in tech: Join the team that’s supporting the latest cutting-edge AI language models.
Website | Video Demo | Core Values
The Business Context
You already use AI in many ways—like deciding what products and services to order—and it may be most familiar to you as a chatbot, as an avatar-maker, or as a way to unlock your screen. But here’s what AI may be able to help the world with: finding medical diagnoses, teaching you about scientific research, and calculating the complexities of any function.
But, like humans, algorithms are what they eat. They’re only as good as the rules they know and the data they’re trained on. We’re the team that helps model these behaviors.
As an Expert AI Data Trainer, you will be working closely with a team of other expert trainers, with language models, within protocols developed by the world’s leading AI researchers— training the AI to solve complex problems or comprehend concepts using conversations in natural language. Think of it like being a subject matter expert and a coach influencing the way the AI model behaves and processes information in challenging or not so common situations.
The goal of this AI is to be a safe, accurate, widely knowledgeable, and beneficial conversation partner to the world for a wide variety of purposes. Your job is to train, evaluate, and test the AI’s knowledge, capabilities and conversation skills, continuously to achieve its purpose.
Day in and day out, you will:
- You’ll spend a bulk of your team chatting with the AI or evaluating past conversations, helping the model analyze swaths of subject areas and distinguish between what is presented as fact vs. context vs. patterns of behavior.
- You will continuously evaluate the AI according to those criteria and our training methods. For example, you will be discerning the accuracy of the facts that the AI is outputting, but also the accuracy with which they interpret them.
- You’ll spend substantial amounts of time actively trying to “break” the AI by “forcing” mistakes and improving the way these AI models recover. This is absolutely critical to its safety, accuracy, and use. You’ll document breaks and have the opportunity to recommend improvements to the training methods themselves to both our team and our client.
- You’ll quality check the work submitted by your peers or by other teams and help ensure that the quality metrics are achieved consistently
- You’ll ensure you meet the quality, effort hours, volume and throughput agreements consistently through out your assignments.
This is a technology job that accommodates people from diverse educational and professional backgrounds but with a balanced mix of investigative acumen, higher studies, research experience and teaching/tutoring experience. The role relies more on your competencies than your formal experience––making it a rare opportunity that’s perfect for those looking to apply their knowledge in the AI space, career transitioners, and those seeking an exciting encore career.
You’re the sort of person who is exceptional at listening and reading for ground-level facts and intended meaning, and you can explain the inferences and link the two. Basically, you’ve got the metacognitive awareness to “show your work.”
Desirable Attributes (one or more)
- Masters/PhD in one or more major areas (STEM or other sciences)
- Formal experience in performing data centric evaluations/research
- Coding/Programming experience
- Teaching experience
Compensation & Career
The starting pay for this role is $30 / hour to top applicants anywhere in the world. The schedule is flexible and work is around 15 – 25 hours / week based on your availability demand.
Life & Career
The work is steady, the hours are flexible, the work is enjoyable, and leaves room for advancement into more senior training roles and project management roles on the Invisible team as the project expands. We’re keen to share more in interviews.