Hang is building the future of loyalty for brands.
Hang is the leading all-in-one customer relationship building platform, powering the next generation of brand membership & loyalty. By harnessing game design and web3 technology, Hang provides brands with a radically different solution, making being a loyal customer fun and rewarding.
Hang draws from years of deep expertise in loyalty, game design, and blockchain technology with employees from leading companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, Meta, LinkedIn, Coinbase, Square, and Goldman Sachs.
Hang raised a $16 million Series A led by Paradigm last summer, with participation from Tiger Global, Howard Schultz, Kevin Durant, Mr. Beast, and the founders of Warby Parker, Allbirds, and Bombas, among others.
About the Role
We are looking for an expert on game design and game economics. This person should have a deep understanding of game design, mobile game design, virtual economies, etc.
Traditional “brand loyalty” is broken. We believe the future of brand loyalty programs will look like free-to-play games. Both will incentivize increased engagement and specific actions for players to progress in a way that is fun, exciting, and makes players feel like part of a larger community/multiplayer experience.
In this role, you will work closely with our product team to help design loyalty & membership programs (both digitally and physically) that feel like games.
We are a high-growth, early stage startup, and over time this role will present potential internal pathways to leadership roles and building out a team as the company progresses.
What You’ll Do
- You will design the optimal user experience for customers in brand loyalty programs.
- You will work with our product and design teams to iterate on key game systems.
- You will build simulation of the game mechanics and game progression to understand potential outcomes.
- You will create a design framework that can quantify the end user’s experience using common sense (i.e. time taken, number of actions required to do something, etc.) so that we can predict how users will play and participate in the programs, anticipate problems with gameplay, and resolve them quickly.
- You will utilize principles of game design to build 12/10 experiences for end customers and drive brand KPIs.
- You will conduct user research to understand how we can make improvements to the game experience.
Who You Are
- You are an expert in game economy design.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or a similarly analytical/quantitative field.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in the areas of game economics, mobile game design, or a similar field at top-tier gaming companies (i.e. Activision Blizzard, Nintendo, Supercell, Ubisoft, EA, Epic Games, or similar companies).
- You have the ability to analyze, challenge the status quo, and solve problems.
- You are a first-principles thinker.
- You have excellent communication skills and work well with teams.
What Would Set You Apart
- You have a passion for consumer brands and loyalty programs
- You love gaming.
- You have are interested in using web3 and blockchain technology to solve real-world problems.
- Top-tier health, vision, dental, and disability insurance, including plans with $0 employee cost.
- Unlimited PTO / sick leave
- Competitive salary & equity compensation.
- Quarterly company offsites