Flipboard is the world’s first social magazine, designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
As Senior Product Designer you’ll be instrumental in shaping the future direction of the Flipboard product by designing features and making improvements on the core product across iOS, Android, and web. You will impact the product in key areas — core experience, discovery, personalization, curation, and community.
The Flipboard team is currently working remotely. Join our team and work from the US or Canada.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the solution of key product areas, connecting those to the broader product vision
- Design product experiences that help people celebrate what matters to them and their communities
- Contribute projects to the roadmap, creating them based on user needs
- Go beyond best practices and uncover novel, unexpected, but still workable solutions
- Lean into UX (as opposed to only UI) solutions
- Speak for your cross-functional team
- Identify and execute on design problems rapidly
- Competency on multiple clients- iOS, android, web
- Work autonomously on projects with minimal supervision, set timetables and milestones for your work
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of product design experience
- You have a strong portfolio of design work demonstrating deep experience in end-to-end product design
- You have experience designing products that ensure user growth via community interaction and growth loops
- You’ve worked directly with company leadership to determine strategy, priorities and resourcing needs
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable working in ambiguity and are able to collaborate well in a remote working environments
- You create intuitive, human-centric experiences on the web, iOS, and Android
- You collaboratively work alongside your engineering, product, editorial, and marketing counterparts to solve key user problems
- You leverage qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions, analyze results and iterate
- Experience with prototyping and usability testing
- Proficient with design and facilitation tools such as Figma, Confluence and Jira
Nice to Haves
- Experience building and maintaining Design systems
- BS or BA in a four-year design program or equivalent work experience
- Annual Base Salary Range: US$134,000 – $157,000
Benefits & Perks
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; flexible and generous “out of office time” for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation and wellness, in addition to a mid-year and end of year break, totaling 10 days. We also offer an employee assistance program, plus eligibility to participate in pension (CAN) or 401k (US) plans with an employer contribution.
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach passionate communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences of our team members, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.
Flipboard is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Flipboard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.