Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
We’re looking for an amazing Salesforce Developer to join our team, where we design, architect, and develop our enterprise-wide business systems infrastructure. We run the systems that encompass the entire buyer’s journey from initial lead through marketing, sales, renewal, accounting, customer success and advocacy using tools including Marketo, Salesforce, NetSuite, and Zendesk. You get an opportunity to solve business problems and implement them in Salesforce and its peripheral ecosystems. This role is supported by the Sr. Manager, Go-to-Market Business Systems.
This position is a critical part of our Enterprise Systems growth. Key responsibilities include leading our efforts to streamline Lead-to-Cash, Quote-to-Cash processes and further improving our CPQ implementation, service delivery and tracking, and developing solutions to improve and optimize our business processes. You will be empowered to develop new ideas, find new capabilities, and drive their implementation and integration inside Fastly.
Succeeding in this position requires you to be a self-starter with problem-solving skills. You should enjoy becoming a domain expert in multiple areas and have a strong affinity for efficient processes, a well-organized database, and a passion for clean data. If you want a work environment where your ideas are welcome and contributions are recognized, this is the place for you!
This role is limited to non-US only.
What You’ll Do
- Build functionality and applications on the Salesforce Platform
- Building Apex triggers, Classes, Lightning Web Components, Visualforce pages
- Create and maintain declarative functionality (flows, validation rules, approvals, etc)
- Transform business needs into actionable requirements and functionality
- Scope level of effort and potential options for delivery of functionality
- Data cleansing and data manipulations using various tools and scripts
- Ensure Salesforce security, by setting up and maintaining the model and sharing rules
- Follow best development practices and abide team standards
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of work experience implementing Salesforce related projects from initiation to launch
- Experience with complex data structures, data manipulation, cleaning, and de-duplication
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding/proficiency with TDD, BDD and other agile development practices
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban, Mob Programming, etc)
- Experience working with Salesforce CPQ (Steelbrick), other CPQ tools and business apps
- Proficient with GIT or other comparable source version control tools
- Experience using VSCode for Salesforce development
- Comfort with Whiteboarding and/or ‘Wireframe’ solutioning
- Well-versed with any or all of the following: Aura, Lightning Web Components, Lightning Design System, Salesforce DX, Salesforce DevOps tools
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings? .
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your needs. Our offerings may vary depending on the country where you work and are subject to change.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe.
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply! A fully completed application and resume or CV are required when applying.
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.