Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn – valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First’ approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the globe, assuming that candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Design Lead to help continue the evolution and development of our brand visual language, crafting a strategic approach to all of our marketing content and beyond. Sitting within the Brand team, you will be responsible for all things brand design as part of our internal creative agency.
Reporting to our Global Head of Brand, the right candidate will have diverse experience across brand, strategy and design leadership – helping to craft campaigns, coach and develop a small team of designers across the Employment Hero house of brands, and shape our vision to change employment for good.
As part of this charge, you will lead a team of multidisciplinary designers, including a studio manager, with exciting growth planned for the team.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Lead, coach and continually develop the Employment Hero design team, helping them to develop branded content for all marketing touch points, big and small.
- Effectively and efficiently give creative direction and feedback to internal and external teams to ensure the brand is maintained.
- Work with our brand and content marketers to develop and maintain our visual identity
- Enable non-designers within the business to create on-brand, clear and beautiful designs through template creation and internal design education streams
- Work with our Campaign Managers, Growth and Loyalty teams to create compelling content across multiple media formats, including our website, digital advertising, social media, downloadables, videos, animations, events and beyond.
- Operate like an internal agency, efficiently prioritising workload for stakeholders and leaning on external technical and design resources as required.
- Work with our media partners to understand best practice design across each of our channels.
- Create distinctive and compelling visuals, ensuring that we avoid fatigue with our audience and are continually developing and evolving the brand.
- Understand large-scale, cross-organisational workflows and projects and collaborate with all areas of the business.
- Ability to collaborate with external agencies, understanding creative processes, whether it be design, brand, web or motion.
- Conceptualise ideas from copy briefs and be willing to push the brand into new and exciting territory.
- 8+ years experience in a studio/in-house environment.
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing other designers in a high-volume environment.
- Strategic problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Expertise across the Adobe Suite, Figma and Canva.
- Willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about all things brand.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia