At dYdX you’ll have an opportunity to build state-of-the-art decentralized technology that will redefine global financial markets. By joining us at this early stage you will make fundamental decisions that will shape the course of dYdX.
→ Learn more about working at dYdX
Take our coding challenge here. We’ll reach out if it’s a good fit!
- We’ve built the world’s leading decentralized exchange for crypto assets
- dYdX is founded by an ex-Coinbase, ex-Uber engineer, with a Princeton CS background. Our team has previous experience at Google, Bloomberg, Amazon, Bain, NerdWallet, Facebook, Lyft and other top companies
- We’re a world-class team with top backers and advisors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Brian Armstrong, Fred Ehrsam, Naval Ravikant, Elad Gil and more
- Write low latency financial software that will process billions of dollars a day worth of trading volume, including order book matching engines, trading engines, and REST & Websocket API endpoints
- Develop open source blockchain-based code that powers the dYdX protocol
- Build high performance REST & WebSocket APIs to power our frontend app as well as programmatic traders
- Write open source TypeScript & Python clients that allow users to interact directly with our on-chain smart contracts
- Work together with multi-functional teams to develop the best overall product
- Architect performant and reliable backend systems
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- 5+ years experience working as a full-time developer
- You write secure, efficient, high quality code and have a good understanding of CS fundamentals
- You are a fast learner who can quickly master new technologies
NICE TO HAVES:
- You’ve worked on high quality products in the finance or security space
- Interest in fullstack development. Experience building Web Services, SQL, CSS, React, Redux
- You have an strong interest in decentralized finance
- You have experience building blockchain applications / smart contracts
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred location NYC
Salary range for this role is 201K to 350K USD (CA, NY, or remote). Compensation subject to experience and location. Published salary bands pursuant to transparency laws, and do not include possible variable compensation such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentive.