The Senior Benefits Manager will be a key member of the Total Rewards team and will lead our global benefits programs, which are core to our employee value proposition and enable us to attract and retain our talented team. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on leader with a deep understanding of scaling benefits programs and practices, with a proven track record of conceptualizing successful strategies, leading action plans, and driving the execution of organizational goals. This position requires an ability to think strategically about problems as well as a knack for tactical execution. This role will evolve Discord’s benefits philosophy and the strategic management of inclusive employee-related benefits and services that effectively support a diverse, rapidly-growing employee base.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive the strategic evolution and execution of our global benefits programs in line with Discord’s strategy, culture, and values
- Oversee the creation of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive benefits
- Approve benefits processing requests and ensure the smooth processing of enrollment data by vendors
- Establish and measure key benefits program metrics.
- Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Partner with the Head of Global People Operations, the Finance team, and stakeholders such as People Operations
- Design and implement a benefit workflow that establishes clear guidelines around decision making, escalation pathways, process for reviewing exceptions and approach to administrative/system errors, review history of escalated issues
- Develop process roadmap for the scale and management of benefit administration tasks, such as EDI integrations, Workday benefit business process design, management of EOI confirmation, and open enrollment Design and recommend global benefits programs by assessing Discord’s needs, reviewing competitor and general industry practices, and analyzing cost impact/effectiveness.
- Manage partnerships with domestic and international benefit partners and vendors.
- Drive employee awareness and total rewards program utilization.
You Will Thrive In This Role If
- 5+ years of experience in benefits planning and administration in a Technology environment.
- Experience with effectively scaling a global benefits function to support the company’s business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices.
- Experience administering benefits plans, especially in troubleshooting enrollment data processes and answering advanced employee questions.
- Experience with HRIS systems, especially Workday.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders of benefits programs.
- Experience managing benefits program strategy, operations, and communications for items such as healthcare, retirement (401k), wellness, and perks.
- Demonstrated experience in performing complex reporting and analysis of benefits programs and proposals. Excel/Google Sheets expertise is required.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to make recommendations and decisions.
- Experience benchmarking benefits programs vs. the Tech market and using the information in program design and updates.
- Ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $133,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $106,400/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-KG1 #LI-Hybrid
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!