What are we looking for?
Quality makes the software world go round! We’re looking for an experienced QA Engineer to be the lead advocate for software and system integrity across all our online marketplace development projects.
Your sound knowledge of software development and test design, together with strong analytical and communication skills, will help our teams mitigate risk and deliver best-in-class solutions to our clients.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with manual and automated software testing protocols and tools, as well as cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, which include Product, Design, Mobile and Server specialists
- Work closely with development teams during sprints to:
- ensure applications are tested to predefined levels of acceptance
- ensure deliveries are in line with functional specifications (manual testing)
- perform visual testing of deliveries (manual testing)
- Write and execute automation scripts for both functional and regression tests
- Set up test automation tools (such as Cypress, Mocha, Jest, and Nightwatch) to run non-functional tests
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test software and REST APIs
- Apply suitable testing mechanisms at appropriate stages of the Software Development Life Cycle, taking into account Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- 3+ years experience as a QA Engineer
- QA experience within a digital platform environment (online marketplace, SaaS, or enterprise-level e-commerce)
- Solid understanding of where and when automated testing fits into the Software Development Life Cycle, taking into account Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- A strong background in manual test techniques
- Experience with automation tools such as Cypress, Mocha, Jest, and Nightwatch
- Experience working with and testing REST APIs
- Recommended: experience with test management tools such as Xray or Zephyr
- Advocate for product excellence. Your uncompromising commitment to quality and obsessive attention to detail should drive product excellence.
- Strong communication skills. You should be adept at giving feedback in a constructive manner.
- Business centric.One of the QA engineer’s biggest jobs is to protect the project’s viability. You should be able to identify any potential weaknesses that can hurt the business case.
- A can-do, proactive approach to problem solving
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Strong technical aptitude (i.e. able to quickly grasp technical documentation and execute procedures; a demonstrated understanding of system documentation)
- Committed and supportive team player
THIS JOB IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR AGENCIES.