ClassDojo’s mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries. We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
Data is core to how ClassDojo makes informed choices. As a Data Science contractor, you’ll help build the world’s largest consumer education business, one that is already reaching tens of millions of parents, teachers, and children. You’ll help grow ClassDojo to our next major milestone: serving 100 million+ families, and 100 million+ in revenue, while deepening love for our brand.
The Data Science function at ClassDojo is an equal partner to product, engineering, and design. As a DS on a high-performing, cross-functional team, you’ll shape the team’s strategic direction. You’ll tackle a broad range of product and business problems: uncovering unique user insights, identifying the right growth strategies in each of the 180+ countries we operate in, identifying and testing critical product improvements, and driving revenue results. You’ll also work with co-workers across the company to develop insights that inform strategy across our entire business.
You can expect talented, motivated, intense and interesting co-workers; the work you’ll do will pioneer the future of education.
- Drive orders of magnitude of growth in ClassDojo’s network and revenue growth
- Design and evaluate product experiments and improvements, working with cross-functional teams to translate insights into action
- Define product strategy and direction, in collaboration with cross-functional peers
- Empower teams with the skills and tools to get their own insights
You will be a match if:
- You have at least 4 years of data science experience
- You can work 24-40 hours per week with us
You might be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years experience in a data science or similar role at a consumer company, ideally with a stint on a high-quality growth team or monetization team
- You have good business judgment
- You have the ability to write structured and efficient SQL queries on large data sets
- You have experience designing AB/multivariate tests and drawing actionable conclusions
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a curious mind
- You have an inclination to move surprisingly fast
- Experience with data pipelines: transforming raw production and external data into user-friendly tables.
 Some more context:
– ClassDojo’s 125m Metaverse Mission (Forbes)
– ClassDojo’s Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam’s note about it.
ClassDojo is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. ClassDojo is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or any other legally protected status. ClassDojo will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical and mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. In accordance with applicable local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.