Who we are:
Reshape an industry. Thrive individually. Grow together.
Archilogic is here to solve big, complex problems that will have a real impact on the physical spaces around us. So we hire bright, curious people who are committed to creating a whole new category.
Together, we’re transforming how buildings work with spatial data, making them more adaptable, more efficient, more sustainable – and better for human beings, too.
We’re building a world-class working culture
We’re ambitious. But we also want to grow sustainably – and thoughtfully – for the long term. No blowing up and burning out for us.
We believe that if you trust people to work when they want, in the way they want, everyone wins.
While we value autonomy, you’ll be joining a team of smart, supportive colleagues.
And because brilliant people are rare, we look for them everywhere. That means we set the standard for remote working: from home-office budgets to virtual get-togethers, wherever you are you’ll benefit from a positive office culture – even without being in an office.
About this role:
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our team! This role will be involved with everything on the backend side and can be full or part (80%) time. As we continue to grow this role will also get to work on many types of projects from infrastructure to future development.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Building the backend for various user-facing features
- Maintaining and improving our infrastructure in AWS (Pulumi TypeScript IaC)
- Improving observability, monitoring, and alerting for our service so that we can better respond to operational incidents.
- Scaling our service via architectural changes as well as infrastructure improvements
- Maintaining several TypeScript SDKs and writing internal and public documentations.
- Troubleshooting production issues, conducting root cause analysis and introducing preventive actions.
- Conducting systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
What we are looking for:
- Experience using databases, SQL, and Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, frameworks, and services
- Self-directed learning skills
- Startup spirit and open-minded
- Drive to initialize and push through projects
- Team player with a very strong work ethic and a collaborative/cooperative attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to haves
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field.
- Experience developing large-scale software systems
- Hands-on experience with Serverless
- Experience with TypeScript or any statically typed programming language
- Affinity to 3D graphics or Architecture
- Experience with security-related topics.
- Open source projects or contributions
- Experience with Node.js (Typescript ), Express.js, Postgres, Pulumi, GitHub, Slack, Notion
- Public Rest API that has access to the user’s data
- Experience hosting on AWS with Lambda
- 100% remote work
- Flexible work hours
- Home office set-up allowance
- Annual training budget
- Remodeled office in Zurich for occasional meetings or a change of work scenery if you are local!
- An ambitious, talented, and multidisciplinary team to work with
- The chance to be part of “moving” all buildings into the web!