About Amira Learning:
Our Mission and Opportunity
Amira’s mission is to reinvent the way kids learn to read. At Amira, you will use the power of relationship- building and problem-solving to help every child become a masterful and motivated reader. You will join an expert team that has built some of the most successful and widely used applications in U.S. schools. You will help deploy the next generation of AI-powered software for the classroom. You will be focused on the tip of the spear for our mission: ensuring that education leaders and teachers help kids use Amira successfully.
Amira was created at Carnegie Mellon University. The first AI-powered tutor, Amira is able to listen to young children read out loud, assess their mastery and deliver 1:1 personalized tutoring. Google and Amazon are investors and partners. Already at work in more than 5,000 schools in over 700 districts across the country, Amira is accelerating reading mastery for all readers K-6.
We’re looking for someone who is ready to join a fast-paced, fast-growing startup. Amira is a unique opportunity to do good and to do well.
Who you are:
You are the critical link between customers and the creators of Amira’s software. You will manage, contextualize and synthesize a broad range of customer issues and prioritize actions for our engineering team. You use advanced technical skills to debug and troubleshoot customer issues, and can own driving issues to resolution or decisions. You both work directly with customers as well as provide guidance to teammates responding to customer needs. You will work with the rest of the Amira organization to uncover new ways to improve our product and make Amira the tool students use to practice reading.
What you’ll do:
• Resolve technical escalations, including identification of cause and issue resolution
• Exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses and overall customer experience
• Provide well thought-out direction to help customers deploy and maintain Amira products
• Author and review knowledge base content to promote support scalability and improve self-service capabilities
• Own driving global product or implementation issues to a resolution or decision
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• 2 + years experience in customer support or a related customer-facing role, particularly in EdTech
• 2+ years of teaching experience, particularly in grades K-5 strongly preferred
• Experience in developing and debugging client-side code using browser tools
• Experience supporting SaaS applications, education assessment technology products a plus
• Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success
• Excellent relationship with management and ability to provide stellar customer service in multiple forms (written, conference calls, in-person)
• Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change
• This is an execution-oriented role with a reasonable amount of routine work and long hours
• Hours are roughy 8am-5pm Central Time
What Amira offers
• Competitive salary
• Large company-level benefits
• Meaningful stock option ownership
• The opportunity to help children around the world reach their full potential
Amira Learning is proud to celebrate diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.