Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 700 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s purpose-built SaaS platform and associated Marketplace to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets, and we’ve been adding more than $15 billion per week for many consecutive quarters, making us one of the fastest growing companies in fintech. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London and Edinburgh, Scotland.
Being a part of the AddeU Internship Program, you will be working on a meaningful project(s) that you can feel proud of and present back to the company at the end of the experience. In addition to having a supporting manager and mentor, we have a fantastic onboarding program to get you acclimated and ready for your time with us. Fun events and super cool swag are also included!
At the moment, our 12 week internship experience is remote. Dates are currently set for May – August, 2023 but please advise your recruiter. Seeking US and Canadian students only.
We are currently seeking a Product Design Intern to join our Design Team! The Design team at Addepar crafts wealth managers’ digital experiences. By crafting and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide outstanding services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and champion a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration. We are passionate about advocating for user needs and delivering innovative, accessible, and appealing products that redefine our clients day-to-day financial activities.
In this role, you will learn the ins and outs of working with an in-house design team and be actively involved in all aspects of our UX process. This is an opportunity to hone your craft and develop your product design skills while working on real life applications. Interns will present their final presentation to the design team and cross functional teams employing the presentation skills and vocabulary they’ve developed during their time as a team member. We’re looking for design students who value user research, clarity, usability, feedback, and collaboration in the way they approach their work.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be
determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $48/hr.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers through all stages of the design process and product development lifecycle to build out thoughtful and scalable solutions.
- Conduct agile research to gain deep understanding of the problem space and insight into user needs through both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- See opportunities to simplify complexity and build self-service workflows.
- Provide well articulated design rationale and high quality results that communicate design directions and details effectively.
- Be an advocate for our users.
- Be an engaging member of a cross-functional agile product team that consistently delivers value to our clients.
- Partner with the User Interface team to ensure your work is aligned with our design system global access standards.
- Seek out and accept feedback from your peers and collaborators while providing thoughtful feedback to your team.
Who You Are
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- Working towards a degree in human centered design or a related field.
- Experience with Figma, our preferred design tool.
- Experience working in the field of Product Design, Interaction Design, and/or UX Design.
- A portfolio showcasing proven user research practices and user-centered designs that are usable, useful, and delightful.
- Solid understanding of user interface design patterns and standard methodologies for enterprise web applications.
- Knowledgeable of visual design fundamentals such as typography and color theory.
- Has phenomenal attention to details, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Act Like an Owner – Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together – Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients – Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation – Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning – Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.