At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The product marketing credit team is responsible for the strategy and execution of all the go-to-market activities for the Credit organization. We work to make it cheaper and more efficient for fintech and traditional lenders to offer loan products
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager for our Credit business. You will be responsible for driving adoption and revenue of Plaid’s Credit solutions. You will develop and execute go-to-market strategies to grow in existing target markets, scale into new markets, and unlock new use cases. In addition, you will serve as a key ‘voice of the customer’, working closely with cross-functional teams to develop our product suite and overall roadmap.
- 5+ years in product marketing, sales, account management, growth or other strategic GTM role at a B2B software company
- Experience in fintech, financial services, and credit/lending; excitement about building the future of our financial system and expanding access/affordability of credit
- Strong presence and effective communicator – comfortable engaging with leaders at the largest fintechs and financial institutions in the U.S.
- Outstanding written communication skills – comfortable developing marketing and sales collateral that resonates with lenders, as well as articulating our strategy with internal stakeholders (e.g. business cases, strategic analyses)
- Highly analytical – comfortable working with data, evaluating ROI, reviewing dashboards, clearly scoping data asks to technical counterparts
- Thoughtful strategic thinker with a bias for action; comfortable operating in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Desire to engage deeply with cross-functional partners across Product, Design, Sales, and Growth
- Accelerate revenue growth by leading efforts to develop existing target markets, scale into new markets, and unlock new use cases
- Drive step-function improvements via strategic initiatives across go-to-market functions (e.g. marketing, sales, account management)
- Develop and execute on a multi-channel awareness and intent activation strategy
- Distill quantitative and qualitative analysis into a holistic Credit business GTM strategy and compelling GTM narrative
- Represent and evangelize the ‘voice of the customer’ across our Credit business unit
- Collaborate closely with Product on our roadmap to ensure we’re building the right solutions for our current and future target markets
- Influence cross-functionally across Product, Design, Sales, and Growth to drive alignment on GTM strategy, narrative, and priorities
$126,000 – $189,000 a year
Target base salary for this role is between $126,000 and $189,0000 per year. Additional compensation in the form(s) of equity and/or commission are dependent on the position offered. Plaid provides a comprehensive benefit plan, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Pay is based on factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience and skillset, and location. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn’t fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.