At Donut we are on a mission to create more trusting, collaborative, and successful work relationships. We believe genuine relationships are the key to being engaged, happy, and successful at work.
Donut came together over a shared passion to help people connect, and the insight that strong relationships at work are the bedrock of a successful team. Employees who feel socially connected to their coworkers express greater individual purpose and fulfillment, less workplace loneliness and isolation, and improved performance and productivity. We are building a company that embodies those ideals while instilling them in others.
How we work:
Currently, our small, but scrappy team of around 30 consists of empathetic and caring individuals dedicated to unlocking the power of human connection. Our core connection hours are 11am – 5pm ET.
About the role:
As a Business and Finance Operations Specialist at Donut, you’ll take ownership of a cross-section of work that is essential to our day-to-day and long-term success. Operations at Donut is a small but mighty department and your work will have wide-ranging impact across many of the essential functions that keep Donut running smoothly. A key part of this role is overseeing and assisting with various important accounting and finance functions, such as billing processes and reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Interface with our fractional CFO and external accounting team for financial matters including accounting and customer billing.
- Regularly use Excel or Google Sheets for: analyzing large datasets to derive insights or make recommendations, set up reports, and/or do financial reporting
- Partner closely with our Go-to-Market team members (Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing, etc.) on the lifecycle of key initiatives through analyses, reporting, implementation, and project management.
- Act as a point of escalation to investigate more complex customer issues such as billing and security, partnering with customer experience to get the right answer to customers
- Interface with stakeholders across our small team to move various Ops-involving projects forward
- Take ownership of our Billing processes, particularly involving our large customers: invoicing, collections, etc.
- Administer critical business functions like monitoring our mailbox and routing mail, or partnering with finance on state sales tax registrations
- Monitor our SOC 2 security compliance software and escalate issues as needed
- At least 1-2 years of relevant professional experience. Previous work in accounting, on the finance side of operations, or prior consulting work in similar spaces are all highly applicable.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills. You’re highly proficient in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Analytics experience. You’ve got deep experience using Excel/Google Sheets to digest data and run various sales and marketing analyses. If you haven’t used Stripe or Hubspot before (among other relevant tooling), you feel positively about gaining expertise with them
- Excellent sense of judgment. You’re great at determining when to seek more information, when to escalate something, or when to simply move ahead.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You’re at home surveying the landscape for what needs to be done, determining key stakeholders to pull in, and forging a path forward when no clear process exists.
- Thoughtful communicator. From customer interactions to internal messaging, you know how to communicate clearly and effectively—making sure critical info is conveyed and everyone is aligned on next steps.
- Love of learning. You get up to speed on new technologies quickly, gain deep familiarity with the tools you use, and embrace taking on new challenges.
- Highly organized. You are great at keeping track of important information, including key deadlines.
$60,000 – $80,000 a year
Our hiring process:
We’re a small team so it may take us a little more time to review your application. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
The salary range for this role is $60,000-$80,000 annually.
Our interview plan for this role is:
1. A 30 minute initial phone call (or video, if you prefer!) with our recruiter to discuss the role, learn more about you, and answer initial questions you may have.
2. A take home exercise (scoped to take about an hour) where you’ll analyze some revenue and finance data as you show us your excel skills and attention to detail.
3. A 45 minute video call via Zoom with our VP of Operations and Head of Customer Experience
4. A 45 minute video call via a Zoom with our CEO
5. A 1 hour video call via Zoom with some of the team where we explore how your approach to collaboration intersects with our values (inclusion, seeking understanding, treating others with respect, etc). You’ll also have a short chat with our fractional CFO.
Benefits (full-time US employees)
– Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
– 401(k) with company match
– Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program
– Unlimited paid time off and 12 company holidays
– Paid family leave
– Monitor stipend
– Home office stipend
– Mental health benefit
Donut has made millions of connections and is used by over 20,000 companies. Donut has raised $12M in venture-funding from investors including Accel, Bloomberg Beta, FirstMark, and Slack Fund: https://techcrunch.com/2020/10/29/donut-watercooler/
Donut is an equal-opportunity employer and we value diversity, equity, and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.